Hamilton Plumbing Company
Where the sun shines above ground, the Waikato River winds and carves its way through the lush, green hills, bush and undulating farmland. Visitors can enjoy the scenic splendour of bush cloaked mountains, spectacular waterfalls and hot mineral pools. Waikato's West coast boasts excellent surf along the beautiful expanse of coastline.
The University City of Hamilton is Waikato's central hub, offering charming parks and gardens, great dining, culture and attractions. Hamilton's local zoo provides a fantastic opportunity to learn about New Zealand's native birds, in the Southern Hemisphere's largest free-flight aviary.
There are several delightful smaller towns located throughout the Waikato region, each with its charms and specialities.
Waikato's central location between Auckland, Rotorua and Tauranga make it an excellent base for a North Island holiday, each area only a 90-minute drive away. Waikato is the Maori word for 'flowing water'.
Main towns in the Waikato region:
• Hamilton - New Zealand's fourth-largest city
• Cambridge - antiques, arts and crafts
• Waitomo Caves Village - home of thrilling caving and adventure activities
• Matamata - thoroughbred horse-racing centre of New Zealand
• Te Aroha - relaxing hot mineral pools
GET A QUOTE